Before reviewing the information below, please acknowledge the following:
- This document was last updated on August 2, 2020.
- This website is governed by “Jason” (“we” “our” “I” “us”)
- You (“user” “users'” “users” “your”) agree to this document when you enter this site, which is proportional to the use of the GDPR notice/privacy notice you agree to at the bottom of the screen upon entry into the site (some users in other countries do not need or see this notice).
- Drjay.org (“this website” “this site”) collects information about you, your visits, and some of your habits here on this website. Please note our intentions for use of this information.
Section I: Personally identifiable information. This website will collect personally identifiable information (e.g., name, e-mail address, postal address) from you when you voluntarily provide it. For example, you may submit personally identifiable information (a) to register with this website or use interactive parts of this website where users can provide content and suggestions or participate in interactive discussions and/or (b) to participate in optional events, sweepstakes, contests or promotion registrations.
Section II: Aggregate information. Aggregate information is non-personally identifiable or anonymous information, such as type of web browser used, type of operating system, the domain name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Each time a visitor (whether they are registered or not) connects to a page on this website, we log that visitor’s IP address in our web server’s log files. This is a common practice used by almost all sites and is used to track which pages visitors access and how much time is spent on a page. Certain web pages may contain invisible images, sometimes called web beacons (a 1px GIF file usually) that allow a web site to count users who have visited that page. THIS SITE will only use web beacons within this website for statistical purposes. Third parties may use web beacons as described below.
- Technical Cookies: these cookies are necessary for the services proper functioning, their deletion or restriction may cause undesirable effects, or even an impossibility to use the services.
- Audience measurement cookies: these cookies are used to measure page traffic, and provide the administrator with anonymous information about the navigation of its visitors. By default, WordPress does not include an audience measurement tool, however if JetPack is installed, which is on this site, it may store cookies on your device.
- Advertising Cookies: Sometimes this site may display advertising, which helps finance the services we make available to you. These ads are displayed through advertising services and may generate cookies on your device, including to display you personalized advertising content, to count the number of displayed ads, the number of users who clicked on those ads, and their subsequent actions on the pages to which those ads lead.
- Social Network Cookies: social networks offer features that can be used on WordPress pages. These functionalities correspond particularly to “share” or “like” buttons, essentially from the social networks Facebook, Twitter and Google+. This button is provided by the social network, which may store a cookie on your browser, or even identify you if your session on that social network is opened on your device. This behavior is independent of WordPress or this site, and depends on the privacy policies of each of these social networks.
Refuse and/or delete cookies from your browser: You may at any time choose to disable all or part of the cookies. Your browser may also be set to notify you when cookies are being placed on your device, and to ask you whether or not to accept them (on a case-by-case basis or in totality).
- Windows Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: read this page.
- Mozilla Firefox: read this page.
- Apple Safari: read this page.
- Google Chrome: read this page.
Refuse an advertising cookie: To display advertisements contributing to the financing of the service on the pages hosted by this site, this website uses third party providers. These providers may store cookies on your computer, use web beacons, collect technical data such as your IP address and store this data to provide content and advertising relevant to your browsing habits. By using the services offered by this site, you agree that we may share a hashed version (anonymous and unreadable) of your e-mail address with our third party providers, and that they may store a cookie on your browser to make a link between your browser and the information our partner has (such as IP address, browser or operating system type and version, or demographic or inferred information). You also consent to the collection, use and sharing of your data by these third party providers for the display of personalized, contextual and behavioral advertising. If you do not want your data to be used for these purposes, you may at any time read these information about the practices of our third party providers and exercise your right of refusal:
- Online Choices: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
- Network Advertising: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- About Ads Choices: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- Your Ad Choices: https://youradchoices.com/
Refuse a social network cookie: If you do not want our service to store cookies in your browser for this purpose, you can click on the following deactivation links, which will store in your browser a cookie whose sole purpose is to disable the use of other cookies from the same origin. Disabling these cookies will therefore prevent any interaction with the social network(s) concerned:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=en
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
- Yahoo: https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/
- YouTube: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
Section IV: How we secure personally identifiable information. THIS SITE follows generally accepted industry standards to protect your sensitive information from unauthorized access. Any data that is stored on our servers is treated as confidential and is not made generally available to the public. Our servers are protected by firewalls and are located in secure data facilities to further increase security. Please keep in mind, however, that despite these reasonable efforts to protect data on our servers, no method of transmission over the Internet is guaranteed to be secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal data at all times, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and shall not be liable for any breach of security by an outside party. Your personal account password is encrypted in our server and unreachable by any user to read it.
Section VI: Third party content. Users may find advertising or other content on this website that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from this website. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to this website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Section VII: Data Controller. The processing of your personal data is based on your consent, except when the data are necessary for the performance of a contract, or to comply with a legal obligation. In cases where such processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time in order to stop it. Withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
We do not have a specifically trained data control specialist such as a privacy officer. Therefore, any provisions or privacy questions can be directed at email in further assistance.