Practical Spiritual Growth
Whether you’re a new Christian, or you’ve been a Christian for many years, spiritual growth is important. Young children have one primary responsibility: do the will of their parents. Therefore, as Christians, our main responsibility as children of GOD is to do His Will by resting in Him while He motivates us toward good works.
When we become saved, we experience a spiritual rebirth.
Many times Christians are going so fast in their lives that they don’t have time to pray and seek GOD’s Word daily, or go to church on Sunday. So, with that said, it’s time to slow down. Realizing that GOD wants your time daily will help grow your relationship with Him all the more.
One of the best ways for people to grow spiritually is consistency in your prayer life, Bible reading, giving, and fasting.
Here are ways to increase your awareness of His Presence in your life:
- Repent – Matthew 4:17 and Revelation 2:5
- Honor GOD’s laws of Love – Matthew 5:17-19
- Be GODLY – Matthew 5:48
- Pray continually – Matthew 7:7-8
- Pray for more Kingdom harvest workers – Matthew 9:37-38
- Deny yourself and follow Jesus regardless of any cost – Matthew 4:19, 16:24
- Store treasures in Heaven, instead of Earth – Matthew 6:19-21
- Ask GOD for whatever you need, because He is the provider – John 15:7
- Love GOD with all your heart, soul, and might – Deuteronomy 6:4-5
- Love and depend on GOD wholeheartedly – Luke 24:49 and Matthew 22:37-38
- Seek GOD and His righteousness – Matthew 6:33
- Keep Jesus’ commands – Luke 6:46 and John 14:15
- Practice giving, prayer, and fasting in secret – Matthew 6:1-18
- Be on guard against false teachings – Matthew 16:6-12
- Be a disciple-maker – Matthew 28:19-20
- Keep your faith in GOD – Mark 11:22
Scripture about Spiritual Growth
1 Peter 2:1-25
2 Timothy 3:16-17
2 Peter 1:5-8