Strength for Life and Family
We live in chaotic times, where it’s important to hold to our family’s values as much as possible. With divorce, rape, adultery, fornication, and other sins that destroy families – it’s highly important to stick to our values as family. It’s important to also stay disciplined to the purposes of GOD, so you can live a fulfilling life.
Now, realize that no one can accurately determine someone’s strength through simple observances in their physical appearance. Same way goes with family. Many people don’t see the hidden problems or the strength that families can have. What’s the true test of strength? The storms that come in to our lives. How we bear trials and temptations is based on our mental and spiritual strength.
Everyone is building their lives on some kind of purpose, usually. What we need as Christians is to stand strong on GOD’s purposes for our life and begin building a solid foundation that backs up these purposes. You will never experience true strength without effort and character.
It’s just like building a muscle. If you don’t workout your muscles, fat sets in. If you do work out your muscles, you’ll begin to see and eventually feel progress. The feeling of progress when working out your muscles is strength that’s being built.
Look to GOD Most High for your source of strength and be blessed.
Characteristics of a strong life and a strong family
- Trusting in Jesus as your Lord and Savior is the topmost priority. This cannot be ignored if you wish to get stronger in your faith!
- Being guided by the Holy Spirit is important. As you train your children, do it under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and based on Biblical principles.
- Making prayer a priority is a good idea. It’s best to not only pray alone, but also to pray with your family. Especially your children. Praying with other people is healthy and allows a person to experience a deeper bloodline fellowship.
- Being a Godly and Consistent parent. It’s important to practice good and consistent parenting according to the Bible’s truths.
- Seeks GOD with faith for direction for himself and for his family.
- Has strong faith overall.
- Is courageous and willing to fight to keep His family strong and alive.
- Works to build a strong family rooted in the Word of GOD.
- Being quick to forgive people is a good characteristic to have. Forgiving people, including members of your family, will keep a bond of peace between you and your relationships.
- Impacts the lives of others. Everything you do should make an impact in someone’s life one way or another. Positively influencing one another is a sign of great strength.
- Serves GOD and his church with spiritual gifts. When you use the spiritual gifts that you’ve been equipped with to better the church, you’re making way to accomplish almost anything GOD wills you to do.
- Is oriented in goals. Having goals is important because it helps you set up discipline and organization in your life.
- Being a good listener is important, because your spouse and your children want to be heard. This means that you let them have their opinions, and then politely instruct according to GOD’s Word, if needed.
- Admits failure. When you’re willing to admit failure to your family and friends, it helps you realize that you need to get back up and try harder next time. It helps motivate you to understand your position. It humbles you.
- Being humble is another good characteristic, which helps you realize that you’re not any better than anyone else. You have your own problems, including those with family. But, through GOD, things can be solved.
- Sharing heartaches, disappointments, and tough times with family lightens the load on your shoulders and helps make a path for a connected, well developed family.
- Being honest with one another is a great way to earn and keep trust in your family relationships and friendships.