FREEDOM is HERE!
GOD wants us to be free from every form of internal bondage. This means any kind of bondage, including fear, idolatry, sexual immorality, drugs, drunkenness, laziness, profanity, dishonesty, etc. There are forms of emotional bondage that people need to be freed from including fear, false guilt, jealousy, rejection, worry/anxiety, bitterness, unforgiveness, and insecurity.
Effects of bondage on our lives:
- Bondage affects our personal testimony of our relationship with Jesus, by people seeing that our behavior not matching our profession of faith.
- Prevents or hinders our spiritual growth. By being in bondage, we’re hindering what GOD wants to do in and through us.
- Inability to keep your mind focused on GOD. Bondage can be very distracting and can cause a slew of problems in your ability to keep connected to GOD.
Truth will set you free (John 8:32)
- Our salvation. Freedom is based on your relationship with Jesus Christ, because Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life (John 14:6). The indwelling Holy Spirit is here to guide us and empower us unto all good works (2 Timothy 3:17).
- Our position. We are Sons/Daughters of GOD and are joint heirs with Christ: accepted, forgiven, and made spiritually alive.
- Our possessions. We have His divine power, promises, and certain parts of His nature, which provides everything we need for living a Godly, holy life (2 Peter 1:3-4).