Self-Esteem: How to gain confidence
For many people, they don’t feelgood about themselves. This may be due to rejection, fear, guilt, anxiety, anger, depression, etc. People commonly have issues that prevent them from being confident. However, there are a lot of tips for helping to boost your self-esteem, including some Biblical principles.
Gain confidence in your life through goal winning
- Set goals, short, medium, and long term types – which can be followed by you to achieve. Don’t be afraid to challenge yourself. Write down things that you’ve always wanted to do and challenge yourself to accomplish the goals.
- Take baby steps in confidence. Do little things that require confidence to do. If you’re having trouble making friends, then try talking to people and getting to know them. If you need to improve your confidence in your job, then start doing more things that people like seeing you do (such as doing more than what is required).
- Trust yourself to move forward in your goals.
- Learn how to effectively deal with negative emotions, especially ones that want to hold you back from accomplishing the goals you’ve set out to do.
Gain self-esteem by improving yourself
- Dress nicely. Don’t be afraid to change up your wardrobe, especially if people would like to see you wear something different. Don’t be afraid to fit in with the crowd of those who dress nicely.
- Have good posture. Having good posture makes you appear to be confident. It helps you feel more confident and in control of your emotions. So, stand up straight.
- Have good hygiene. Taking a shower, brushing your teeth, wearing a light cologne/perfume, putting on deodorant every day (once to twice), etc. are just a few ways to improve your overall hygiene. This will make you feel cleaner and more confident.
- Work out. Working out and exercising will help you realize that your body is improving and will help you feel more confident about yourself.
Gain confidence by standing out and helping other people
- Helping people in your community is a great way to feel alive. Find ways to volunteer in your community.
- Compliment other people on a normal basis. Don’t overwhelm just one person with compliments, but rather compliment people. Usually, in return, people will compliment you back. This will help improve your self-esteem overall.
- Teach people about GOD. By teaching what you know about the Bible, it helps you feel good, but also helps the other person.
Crush the negativity
- Start from within and begin replacing negative feelings with positive feelings and daily affirmations of GOD’s Grace and Love!
- Avoid negative people and get better friends. Getting friends who have confidence and positive things to say will help build you up with positivity and confidence.
- Don’t worry about perfection. Appreciate yourself for who you are, who GOD made you to be!
2 Timothy 1:7
2 Corinthians 12:9
1 Corinthians 2:3-5
1 Timothy 4:12
2 Peter 1:3
1 John 5:14-15